[3830] BC QSO VA7ODX Multi-OpMixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va7bec@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] BC QSO VA7ODX Multi-OpMixed HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 00:17:18 -0800
                    British Columbia QSO Challenge

Call: VA7ODX
Operator(s): VA7BEC, VA7KO, VE7XF, VE7FO
Station: VA7ODX

Class: Multi-OpMixed HP
QTH: Lower Mainland
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:
   80:          15      2                  10         2
   40:    1     24      9        1         12         8
   20:   62    133     36       30         50        16
   15:   36     76     15       24         31         7
   10:    7     63               7         21
Total:  106    311     62       62        124        33  Total Score = 283,386

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

A word from the sponsor...

The British Columbia QSO Party, aka, "BC QSO Party" and "BCQP", has been around
for a few years (originally, known as the BC QSO Challenge), but the 2012 event
was the first run under the Orca DX and Contest Club banner.

For anyone who is reading this note and has never heard of the BCQP, let me
summarize: Just like other QSO parties, which put the host province/state in
the spotlight, the BCQP allows BC stations to contact anyone anywhere while
non-BC stations can only contact VE7/VA7s.

The goal is to encourage VE7/VA7s to get on the air. And I'm happy to report
that the logs submitted so far show that the 2012 event drew a great deal more
participation from within British Columbia than ever before. Logs are brimming
with QSOs, many with stations in the US and further afield, many with stations
that were probably in one of the other on-air events this past weekend. I know,
though, on CW, things got rather difficult when the NA Sprint started, but in
general, I think all events benefitted from the on-air activity.

Yes, there were challenges: Conditions maybe weren't as good on the high bands
as they had been a month or two ago. But QSO parties are a casual and less
stressful way to learn how to deal with challenges and become better operators,
don't you think?

On behalf of Orca DXCC, the contest committee and VA7ODX operators this year, I
extend my most heartfelt thanks to all who participated in BCQP 2012 and to all
who supported the participants.

If you did participate actively, don't forget to submit a log. The email
address is bcqp@va7st.ca
Cabrillo is preferred. But if you used pen and paper, no worries. You can use
the Web-to-Cabrillo manual log entry form created for the BCQP by Bruce Horn,
WA7BNM. See http://www.b4h.net/cabforms/bcqp_cab.php

I must also thank everyone, near and far, who supported me, as contest
coordinator, in spreading the word and raising the profile of the BCQP. This
was a turning point.

I think we did have a whale of a good time. Let's do it again next year.
\(^_^)/

73 and happy contesting,
Rebecca VA7BEC