[3830] MnQP W0ZQ Mobile Single Xmtr LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] MnQP W0ZQ Mobile Single Xmtr LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 11:24:24 -0800
                    Minnesota QSO Party

Call: W0ZQ
Operator(s): W0ZQ
Station: W0ZQ

Class: Mobile Single Xmtr LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:     189
   40:     403       25
   20:     329       70
   15:       4
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
-------------------------
Total:     925       95  Mults = 83  Total Score = 167,660

Club: Northern Lights Radio Society

Comments:

Station:  Subaru Forester, FT897, Microkeyer, LDG tuner, netbook running N1MM,
Hamstiks & manual tune MFJ screw driver

Soapbox: Weather for this years MnQP was great; temperatures near 40 and little
to no snow so I could safely operate on the roads right at the county lines.  We
did have fog in the morning, and I did get lost once because of it, but the cars
compass pointed me in the right direction .... always trust your instruments.  I
operated this contest as a single-op single-op running CW while stopped and fone
while driving.  The fone contacts get saved on a voice recorder where I can
enter them into the CW log after the contest ends.  When stopped I was using a
MFJ manual tune screw driver with a 12' whip.  I only had one visitor while
stop where I had to ask the pile-up to standby - a farmer who wanted to know
what I was up to.  After I explained, he was pretty interested and wanted to
know more, and I ended up talking ham radio with him for about 5 minutes ....
good PR but bad for rates.  Many thanks to everyone for all the Q's and hope to
see you in the WiQP in six weeks .... hopefully the wx will hold.  73, Jon.