[3830] RTTY WPX W2GPS SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w2gps@cnssys.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX W2GPS SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 16:28:54 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: W2GPS
Operator(s): W2GPS
Station: W2GPS

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Severna Park MD
Operating Time (hrs): 10:16

------------
   80:   43
   40:   17
   20:  110
   15:   63
   10:   17
------------

Club:

Comments:

I forgot this contest was on so I didnâ??t start until late Saturday morning. My
main goal was to get Nebraska on RTTY and LoTW to complete my LoTW only Triple
Play (50 states on SSB, CW and digital).so I pointed the beam west and operated
on 40 meters then 20 meters. In mid afternoon I had a high SWR failure that
appeared to be a problem with my 40-6 meter SteppIR so I went off the air until
evening when I worked 80 meters until bed time. Sunday morning I realized that
my old triband A4S was still on the roof so I got on 15 meters. That worked OK
for a while but then I had the same high SWR problem again. I traced the
problem to a coax jumper in the shack. Once that was fixed I went back to the
SteppIR beam on the tower, which was now working perfectly. I operated 15, then
20 then 10 meters. After a break I finished up on 40 meters. It was fun but not
a productive way to operate a contest. I wonâ??t know if I got Nebraska until I
analyze the logs. Rick W2GPS.