[3830] RTTY WPX KY5R SOSB15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ky5rtim@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX KY5R SOSB15 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 18:51:23 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: KY5R
Operator(s): KY5R
Station: KY5R

Class: SOSB15 HP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 23

------------
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  986
   10:
------------
Total:  986  Prefixes = 567  Total Score = 1,353,429

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

True novice at this mode in contests. Couldn't qualify for Novice class due to
time in grade. So I guess you can teach (or some form of)old dawgs new tricks.
OUr Alabama Contest group is steeped in RTTY activity wid the likws of KC4HW,
WW4LL, AA4YL , W4DXX and WX4TM(NW SK) and others. So I guess it was fitting
that I get involved. Built a 2 x transistor interface and played with
N1MM/MMTTY the week prior to this weekend. Sorta read between the lines and
aquired consultation from the ACG RTTY Allstars. As they say " away I went".
It was a challenge, it was frustrating, it was exciting and most of all it was
FUN! Hope to have the shack set up for Multi-op RTTY efforts in the near
future. This is real "real run-n-gun fun" The prop was so so and seemed to fit
with my green horn mentality. Thanks to all for putting up with me and look for
all in the future.
Cu in WPX SSB and CW in a few weeks. Tim, Ky5R