[3830] RTTY WPX AD7JP(K2PO) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wycpublic@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX AD7JP(K2PO) SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 19:44:38 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: AD7JP
Operator(s): K2PO
Station: AD7JP

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 30
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:  141
   40:  366
   20:  379
   15:  427
   10:  140
------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Fun time!  A highlight was being called by 9N1II in the first hour.

I made a strategic mistake in scheduling my time - I was up in the wee hours of
both mornings, hoping to run 6 points JAs on 40 and 80.  But they never
materialized in big numbers - and I didn't have the sense to go back to bed.
So I wasn't able to work some daylight hours that would have been more helpful
to my score.

The final breakdown, by continent, was 16% AS, 15% EU, 3% SA, and 64% NA.

I have a longstanding problem with N1MM's telnet window dropping it connection
to the VE7CC software.  Normally I'm unassisted, so no hardship.  But in this
contest it would have been helpful to have a live feed of spots.
(Occasionally, before doing an S&P pass through the band, I'd download a batch
of 100 or 250 spots to populate the bandmap.)  'Need to fix that before next
year...

Thanks to AD7JP for use of the callsign.  And thanks, too, to all the casual
contesters who got on to pass out QSOs.  40+% of the QSOs in my log show a
received serial number below 100.)

73,

Bill, K2PO