[3830] NA Sprint SSB W4EF HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W4EF@dellroy.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB W4EF HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 04:25:16 -0800
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest - February

Call: W4EF
Operator(s): W4EF
Station: W4EF

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   54
   40:   77
   20:   74
---------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #1

Comments:

Rig: Ten-Ten Omni6+ and Drake L-7
Antennas> 20M: Spiderbeam at 50ft
          40M: Ground mounted 1/4 wave vertical
               Inverted-V at 43ft
          80M: Ground mounted 1/4 wave vertical
               Inverted-V at 43ft

It's been a while since I've done a full effort in the Phone Sprint. It was
pretty humbling. It was great to hear all the regular participants alongside a
bunch of folks who I suspect were getting their feet wet for the first time. I
was especially happy to hear my host for the CW Sprint, Dave VE3OI, getting
into the mix as I think this might have been his first time doing the Sprint.

As others have commented it seemed like there were too many contests going on
this weekend including a number of state QSO parties which made for some
interesting exchanges.

I think my best DX was working K9PG on 75 meters. Paul was running low power to
a 40 meter dipole, but still managed to come through Q5 (at least his call did,
the exchange took a few tries). I heard but couldn't connect with VE7 and
Kentucky.

Great fun!