[3830] RTTY WPX VE7UF M/U HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX VE7UF M/U HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 03:48:12 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: VE7UF
Operator(s): RW0CN VE7FO VE7IO VA7FC VA7HDJ  VE7NDE VE7UF
Station: VE7UF

Class: M/U HP
QTH: IOTA NA36 Courtenay
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
   80:  384
   40:  697
   20:  934
   15:  936
   10:  488
------------

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I was fortunate to have VE7FO, VE7IO, VA7FC and VA7HDJ return again for this
contest.  We were glad to have WRTC veteran RW0CN join us as a newbe RTTY op
and youthful newbe VE7NDE join us for this contest.  Both our newbe operators
were "naturals" at RTTY contest operating and it was a pleasure to have them.

The conditions were much better here than last year when lots went wrong.  Even
the weather cooperated for a much needed change.  With the A index at 17 during
most of the contest I thought the low bands would be much worse than they were.
 We had good openings to EU both days on 20M and 15M and not so good openings on
40M. My PRO3 has a computer control problem and I had to replace it.  Otherwise
we didn't have a loss of time equipment problem.  We beat our last year's score
by a big margin and everyone seemed to think we did well.

Our thanks to to all that called us.

73, Duane VE7UF