[3830] ARRLDX CW K7IA SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7iaham@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K7IA SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 16:00:12 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K7IA
Operator(s): K7IA
Station: K7IA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: N Mexico
Operating Time (hrs): 21:22

  160:    5     5
   80:   27    20
   40:  139    60
   20:  235    75
   15:  287    80
   10:   36    21
-------------------
Total:  729   261  Total Score = 570,807

Club:

Comments:

Best outing yet--moved the bar higher for next year.  Nearly all Qs were S&P.
Busting pileups is a challenge these days, owing to running ops "saving time"
by not identifying themselves.  Good practice for finding the needles in the
haystacks!  The few times I ran were met with nearly zero action or incredible
pileups (especially on 15m, where the relentless Euros called continuously,
despite my use of "AS" and "KN" prosigns in macro buttons.  Now I can
understand what DXpedition ops have to deal with!  DX Code of Conduct--what's
that??  Anyway, it was an opportunity to begin learning how to make QSOs in
unruly pileups, a skill that will unfortunately take a lot of practice.  I
heard only two other New Mexico ops, so guess "NM" was a rare one on Sunday
morning...

Despite a local snowstorm on Friday night, I liked the conditions on all bands.
 It was fun to work QRP and low power signals from many miles away!

Many thanks to ARRL!

73, dan k7ia