[3830] ARRLDX CW VE3CR M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dferris@cogeco.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW VE3CR M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 16:28:23 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VE3CR
Operator(s): VE3CR, VA3DF
Station: VE3CR

Class: M/S HP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs): 47

  160:   33    26
   80:  132    60
   40:  447    97
   20:  654   106
   15:  439   110
   10:   90    52
-------------------
Total: 1795   451  Total Score = 2,428,635

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Hey now, that was something special eh!

Headed up to the VE3CR qth on Thursday to get ready for the contest, needed to
install a temporary mast with a 5 element yagi for 10 m. - bit of a waste! Got
everything installed on a temporary mast amd then went through the usual
pre-contest routine i.e. talk about previous contests and how well we would do
in this one!

Got under way on 15 m. and worked some amazing stuff, then settled in for a
long night of low band activity - 80 and 160 were just the pits on Friday night
but were respectable on Saturday evening. Saturday morning 20 opened about 6:00
AM local and we were off to the races!

Really happy with our 20 and 40 m result - 10 m. was MIA.

Lots of highlights but the biggest hoot was watching the botched spots!

Kind'a blew away our old personal best as of Sunday Noon and went on to greater
glory!

Obviously, some great operators out there - you guys are the best! Looking
forward to some big numbers from PJ, TO, 6Y etc. and the usual multi-ops.

Thanks to everyone who travelled to DX locations.

Now, time to enjoy the post contest feast courtesy of VE3CR's XYL Sheila - I am
definitely spoiled....great hosts and a great contest!

See you all next year and thanks for a great time!

73,

Doug
VA3DF