[3830] ARRLDX CW N7AT(K8IA) SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bobk8ia@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N7AT(K8IA) SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 16:35:25 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N7AT
Operator(s): K8IA
Station: K8IA

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:   19    16
   80:   67    34
   40:  196    55
   20:  245    73
   15:  398    92
   10:  163    49
-------------------
Total: 1088   319  Total Score = 1,041,216

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Orion II w/RX366 Sub Rx (Great new product!)
Acom 1000, approx 1050w
160 = 78' Vertical, 60 radials
80 = Full Wave Delta Loop, vert fed
40 = 40M3L yagi at 71'
20 = 3L SteppIR at 78'; Bencher Skyhawk at 45' fixed east
15 = 3L SteppIR at 78'; Bencher Skyhawk at 45' fixed east, 5L Yagi at 61' fixed
JA
10 = Same as 20
Rx Antennas: K9AY system; DHDL aimed EU; N6RK Loop

Sixteen hours of fun!

Well, this was supposed to be our annual winter Multi-Two, but xyl N7RQ caught
a bug and cancelation was necessary. On top of that, she showed improvement
thru the weekend, but I caught something too and was in bed with fever and
chills most of Friday and Saturday.

I started feeling a bit better late Saturday, fired up the Orion II position
here and made my first Q about 2200Z. For the next 26 hrs of the contest, I
operated a bit under 16 of them, reserving most of the night for needed rest
and taking lots of breaks.

It was a fun time. No particular pressure other than to get the Arizona Outlaws
Contest Club some well needed points! At least there wont be a move to kick me
out of the club. ;-)

Many regards to the regular cw ops here KC7V, K1YR, NA2U, KS5A and K7JQ, whose
weekend got modified by the late cancelation. Get ready for CQWPX CW in late
May and we'll make it up to you.

Sandy N7RQ takes over for ARRL DX SSB and CQWPX SSB for her usual SO efforts.
I'll watch. ;-)

73, Bob K8IA
Arizona Outlaws Contest Club