[3830] ARRLDX CW W7IJ M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w7ij@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W7IJ M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 17:12:19 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W7IJ
Operator(s): N7EIE, W7IJ
Station: W7IJ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Washington
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:    7      6
   80:   36     26
   40:  156     62
   20:  203     56
   15:  181     75
   10:   17     15
-------------------
Total:  600   1800  Total Score = 432,000

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

We were unable to operate the full time due other commitments.  Murphy sure
played a role. During the recent ice storm, the beverages were destroyed. Just
before the contest started, the antenna mast atop the 100 foot tower slipped
and began following the wind.  Weather was too poor to climb, so we did the
best we could with the freewheeling antenna. Fortunately, most of the time the
antenna was aimed towards the north.  Signals would fade then come back up as
the antenna oscillated between NW and NE.  Since the antenna is a steppIR, we
could reverse the direction when necessary.  So far, it has not wound up the
control cable and feed line.  Repairs are scheduled for Monday, the 20th. Then
power failed Saturday afternoon and was out for about three hours.  During that
time we operated low power on emergency power.  Nice openings on all bands and
we did generate a few points for the WWDXC club score.