[3830] ARRLDX CW N5LZ SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N5LZ SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 19:02:52 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N5LZ
Operator(s): N5LZ
Station: N5LZ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Utah
Operating Time (hrs): 15

  160:    9     7
   80:   17    15
   40:   54    26
   20:  266    63
   15:  383    67
   10:  174    36
-------------------
Total:  903   214  Total Score = 579,084

Club: Utah DX Association

Comments:

Iâ??m afraid that my days of 36+ hours in the chair for major DX contests are
overâ?¦. I am too old to punish my body that way anymore.   But .. ARRL DX CW
is my favorite contest, so I wasnâ??t about to miss out on the fun this weekend
â?¦.. so I decided to maximize my fun in shorter spurts â?¦ mostly trying to run
when the opportunities were best. I did a little S & Ping in between, but just
enough to grab the easy mults on the low bands and the loud ones on 10, 15, and
20.   Damn the DX stations who never sign their call!   Screw em!   This time
around if they didnâ??t sign their call they didnâ??t get to work me.  Maybe...
just maybe a couple of them might have missed Utah on one or two bands .... I
hope!

The highlight for me was a one hour run on ten meters from 0001 to 0059 gmt the
second night â?¦ during that hour I had 113 qsos, mostly JAs, but was also
called by LU, PY, SM, OH, OH0, HL, UA0, 9M6, YB, DU, BV, and VR2 â?¦ what a
ball!

Total time in the chair â?¦ a little less than 15 hours â?¦. I think thatâ??s
my limit nowadays.   I think my contesting future will be limited efforts like
this one or as a member of a multip team.

Rig: 1 K3, Alpha 9500
Antenna: 3 El SteppIR with 40M at 50 feet plus a few wires here and there.