[3830] ARRLDX CW P49V M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k2le@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW P49V M/S LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 08:07:49 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: P49V
Operator(s): K2LE AI6V
Station: P49V

Class: M/S LP
QTH: ARUBA
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  189    45
   80:  662    55
   40: 1123    59
   20: 1155    59
   15: 1216    59
   10: 1202    59
-------------------
Total: 5547   336  Total Score = 5,591,376

Club: Order of Boiled Owls of New York

Comments:

Good clean fun - our score just 1 % higher than last year - when we accidentally
failed to submit the log :((

Low band were noisy and we suffered by being 800 miles further south than most
Caribbean competitors and using only 100 watts

Worst drag - being spotted with a busted callsign ( like PV9V ). It results in
a incredible string of dupes - people click on spots blindly without
listening...forcing us off the frequency or band

Glad to see Cw is not dead - no frequeny fights, mostly decent operating
practices

Tnx to all

Andy K2LE and Carl AI6V
on the happy island of ARUBA