[3830] ARRLDX CW N3RS M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N3RS M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 12:50:15 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N3RS
Operator(s): N3RD, W8FJ, NG7M, NA3D & N3RS
Station: N3RS

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: EPA
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   80    47
   80:  603    92
   40: 1827   118
   20: 1700   130
   15: 1700   129
   10:  270    86
-------------------
Total: 6180   602  Total Score = 11,157,468

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

My first thoughts are to thank my short-handed team for a great effort.
Conditions were not optimal, and as such, our score reflects the geomagnetic
disturbances we endured throughout most of the weekend.  160M and 80M had
relatively little activity and our totals reflect this.  Thanks also to all who
called in and stuck with us (especially me on 80M) for all the repeats to get
the call and exchange correct.

Dave keeps coming up with station improvement ideas and we have incorporated
many of them for this past contest.  The software seemed to work well and the
only failure was a small drive belt on a servo motor in our 80M dipole and 15M
top Yagi rotor control box.  The Emoto 1300MSAX has been in use for nearly 20
years now and the little rubber drive belt finally failed.  This is a unique
indication scheme, but it did not fail until the last hour of the contest when
I tried to turn the 80M dipole broadside to Europe.  Didn't actually lose any
time since the rotor still turned and I was able to go outside before dark and
get it lined up properly.  Very considerate of Emoto not to fail to early in
the contest!

73's to all,

de Sig, N3RS