[3830] ARRLDX CW N0IJ SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jbaumgarte@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N0IJ SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 14:17:13 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N0IJ
Operator(s): N0IJ
Station: N0IJ

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 35

  160:   20    18
   80:   82    58
   40:  237    77
   20:  798   106
   15:  741   110
   10:  139    58
-------------------
Total: 2017   427  Total Score = 2,583,777

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

Had planned on a M/2, but my 3 partners all either got sick, or had dire family
emergencies to tend to.  Decided to go assisted to max points for the club and
pleased with first SO effort in many years.  Being located in the far NW corner
of WI, the Aurora on Saturday night certainly hurt the low band effort, but the
surprise opening over the pole to all of Asia from JA to the Urals up until
midnight local time surely eased the pain.  My zero noise location allowed me
to log lots of weak guys, and they are all appreciated!

For first time, no EU at all and only JA3YBK (who else?) on 160.  The monotone,
packet callers were really tough to separate!

K3/Alpha 87A.  C3/C3 at 82'/55 on rotating tower.  A4 on 56' tower.  4 Square
for 80 and 40, top loaded vertical for 160.  4 short (290')Beverages.

73 and thanks for the Q's.

John, N0IJ