[3830] ARRLDX CW N4ZC SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4zc@juno.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N4ZC SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 14:49:14 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N4ZC
Operator(s): N4ZC
Station: N4ZC

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Charlotte NC
Operating Time (hrs): 39:50

  160:   62    41
   80:  155    67
   40:  277    95
   20:  427   111
   15:  421   123
   10:  182    73
-------------------
Total: 1524   510  Total Score = 2,331,720

Club: CDXA

Comments:

Many of us are getting rather long in the tooth. I turned 74 last month. How
much longer can I/we keep this up? I see some asking for shorter contest
periods. Part of the total contest test is how much can you push yourself. I
vote to keep it 48 hours. (I'll own up to the fact I was one of those stone age
people that voted to keep ARRL two weeks) I can't do 48 hours any more but it is
still up to me how long I can push myself.

As a single op, from home, the DXer in me always wins, as I try to max out the
number of mults on each band. I'll never win but part of my fun is to see how
far I can push myself and still keep up reasonable on the air operation for my
quest.

Lots of noise on the low bands but if you really want to hear noise, try
listening to 500 KHZ, 8 hours a day, for 20 years. Anyone who ever did it will
know why, I'm glad those days are gone for ever.

No special RX antennas here. 160 Inv V @115', 80 2 half wave slopers E & W, 40
Inv V @105'. 20/15/10 12 el LP (T-12) @130'. IC-746PRO & AL-1200.

Great fun on 20/15 Saturday night with the over the pole DX. A slight reminder
of the last 4 cycle peaks. In those days we worked over the pole 10m DX
nightly.

I've now been in the south long enough to say

73 ya'll

Roger