[3830] ARRLDX CW N7IR SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n7ir@cox.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N7IR SOAB QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 15:05:40 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N7IR
Operator(s): N7IR
Station: N7IR

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 45
Radios: SO2R

  160:   11     9
   80:   25    21
   40:  210    68
   20:  167    60
   15:  256    72
   10:   94    34
-------------------
Total:  763   264  Total Score = 604,296

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

My best score since the glory days of the last sunspot peak from 2000 through
2002.  10 meters opened to eastern Asia and the Pacific Saturday, which allowed
the highest number of contacts on that band from this station since 2003.  15
meters had great propagation to Europe the first day and very good openings to
eastern Asia both days.  20 even showed some signs of life during the middle of
the UTC night on polar paths to zones 16, 17 and 18.  40 was the local night
time band of choice with lots of workable stations in all areas of the world.
During the small hours our morning I spent enough time on 80 and 160 to work
any mults I heard and then went back to concentrating on 40.  I was able to run
on 40 for over an hour around sunrise Sunday morning when the well of new S&P
stations had dried up - that doesn't happened often out here!  Thanks to our
Japanese contesting friends who turned out in big numbers on both days, which
kept this contest going strong for me until the end.
Thanks for the contacts and your patience.
73
Gary, N7IR