[3830] ARRLDX CW K0RF(W0UA) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0ua@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K0RF(W0UA) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 15:22:10 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K0RF
Operator(s): W0UA
Station: K0RF

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 45
Radios: SO2R

  160:   26    18
   80:  159    57
   40:  861    83
   20: 1004   103
   15:  868    96
   10:  351    69
-------------------
Total: 3269   426  Total Score = 4,177,782

Club:

Comments:

First single-op ARRL CW Test in many years for me. Great, fun contest.  The
first 24 hours were a rate-runners dream.  The second 24...not so much.  Lots
of thrills with desireable DX stations calling in, a function of wide-open
bands, especially on Saturday.  That little JA/Polar-thing on 10 Meters
Saturday was pretty thrilling, too.  Unfortunately, it was the harbinger of the
sun "breaking wind."  Sunday was panic that I couldn't run, anywhere, and
generally a slog.  A panicky slog...

Otherwise, just a repitition of my usual panoply of mistakes; too much
paddle-sending, bad typing, not enough 2nd radio, no sleep, etc.  It's clear
this old dog needs to learn some new tricks.  But that doesn't mean it wasn't
still fun!

Note to callers:  When 12 folks call, all dead zero-beat, and you add-in some
polar flutter, gleaning a call from that puree becomes problematic.  And when
the last caller wins, it's a longer process for everyone involved. Just sayin'.
 And, should we mention pileup manners in general, on both sides?  Don't get me
started...

OK, special thanks to all who QSY'd for mults. And to all the great JA
ops--thanks for every QSO--we'd be nowhere without you!  I'm always grateful
for the chance to operate these things.  Chuck, thanks for that, all the food &
coffee and an occasional (and much-needed) kick in the backside.  Maybe I'm
getting too old for this?  Oh look, here comes the nice nurse to wheel me off
to shuffleboard.  Hope she remembered my laxative...