[3830] ARRLDX CW CS2C(@CT1JLZ) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sanda@jimaz.cz
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW CS2C(@CT1JLZ) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 07:40:57 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: CS2C
Operator(s): OK1RF, OK1RI
Station: CT1JLZ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Porto Covo
Operating Time (hrs): 47

  160:  334    45
   80:  592    54
   40: 1096    59
   20: 1081    58
   15: 1162    59
   10:  637    55
-------------------
Total: 4902   330  Total Score = 4,851,990

Club:

Comments:

Once more with OK1RF from his QTH in CT in ARRL M/S.
I arrived Tuesday late evening and during next 3 days we completely rebuilt and
put onto the new tower the 3Y 40m full size Yagi on 10m long boom. It fell down
before Christmas 2010 together with the tower during heavy storm. New tower was
set up during January. So the antenna is now in 27m, bellow it is the old 5Y for
15m. We finished all the antenna work with the dusk in Friday, we had much
bigger plans but.... most of you know the story.
Quite tired from all the outside work we were finally ready to start the
contest. Just a vanilla station, two gray-haired guys changing the same chair
and same headphones.
We were quite afraid how it will be with the aurora, high K and A indices, but
we hoped that European continental southwestern QTH (well do not mention the
Azores, is it still Europe ? It is closer from Azores to NYC than to Prague
.....) might work just fine into the NA. First night was sort of slow on 160 +
80, 40m was fine. Second night was on both low bands considerably better,
interesting it is exactly opposed to the observation of middle European
stations. High bands were about the same both days - maybe amazingly again a
bit better in Sunday.

We are more than happy with the result obtained from a relatively small setup
but of course on the Atlantic coast in Portugal, with a similar less than 50%
of the score would be just an unimaginable dream in the Middle of Europe. We
could sea what stations with massive setups like OM3BH form OM8A,
DL8DYL+DL6FBL
 from DR1A, 9A6XX from 9A1P, E7DX etc. could do.

Thank for the nice competition from TM6M guys.

Hope to hear you all in next contest either form Brezina, or Gambia or CT.

73 !
Jiri
OK1RI

ANT:
160+80m - 24 m vertical + single 160m long BEV.
40m - 3Y@27m
20m - 4Y@21m
15m - 5Y@17m
10m - 4Y@21m (Steppir)
RIG:
TS480 + PPA
Partly K3 used as a separate RX - but surprisingly most of the time the TS480
sounded better !