[3830] ARRLDX CW CR2X(OH2PM) SOSB/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pertti.simovaara@pp1.inet.fi
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW CR2X(OH2PM) SOSB/15 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 08:02:54 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: CR2X
Operator(s): OH2PM
Station: CR2X

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: Sao Miguel
Operating Time (hrs): 23

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 2026    59
   10:
-------------------
Total: 2026    59  Total Score = 358,248

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

The weather at San Miguel Island was nice with hardly any rain during the week.
We fixced the K9AY loop for ARRL DX Contest fhone part and set up the the 160 m
inverted L-antenna
My original idea was to chalenge the European record on 10 meters but the
development of band conditions during the past two weeks did not support that
plan. The second best choice would have been 40 m but that was not availble
bacause Martti, CR2A,  was working 80 m and the antennas of 40 and 80 are in
the same tower and somewhat coupled.
I ended up to 15 m. The first day was not too bad with 1450 QSOs and 59 S&P in
a little more than 10 hours time. During the second day activity was low, maybe
because of even worse propagation than the first day. I had tuff times to exceed
the EU-record that my pal Ville, OH2MM, made from the same station last year.
The final log checking will be dicisive, there is only two percent margin to
Ville's redord at CR2A. It would be a shame to loose to Ville because of too
amy errors.
Once again, many thanks to the Arcala team for an opportunity to vissit CR2X
and Martti for lodging.

Cu in ccontests, Pertti, OH2PM