[3830] NAQP RTTY WN6K Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, WN6K@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY WN6K Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 17:03:13 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Vista, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   80:   20     8
   40:  191    48
   20:  183    48
   15:  115    41
   10:   34    19
-------------------
Total:  543   164  Total Score = 89,052

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #1

Comments:

I was in the hands of a bad cold the past two days and still felt like crud at
the start of the contest period so I took my 2 hours off in the beginning. By
the time I got started, 10m was not providing much in the way of variety of
mults or volume.

80m was very unproductive in that I could not be heard till the last half hour
when I picked up a few more Qs/mults.

Got calls from a few DX stations some of which were in North America for mults
which was good for me. Never worked or heard a MT or WV and a number of states
were mults on just one band.

>From reading the earlier reports of others, it looks like SO2R and/or bigger
antennas were the ticket.

Had one issue of jibberish being sent by the MKII (which is cured by shutting
down microHam software and restart) which of course was in the middle of a fun
run. (microHam claims it other software's fault and other software says its
microHam)

Lots of 'newbies' out there that were always half kHz off frequency and I can
almost bet it's because they have the AFC and/or the ATC or NET buttons on in
their MMTTY programs.  If I was not busy, I would RIT them but most times I
just did not have the time.  LEARN to TURN THAT OFF GANG.

FT-100MP Mark V
DB18 @55ft. 10-40m
Buck OCF DP @50ft. for 80m

Thanks to wife for wellplaced soup deliveries during the contest.

WN6K, Paul