[3830] ARRLDX SSB K4AB SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, larry.k4ab@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K4AB SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 16:22:59 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K4AB
Operator(s): K4AB
Station: K4AB

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Huntsville, Alabama
Operating Time (hrs): 45

  160:   22    17
   80:   91    55
   40:  182    77
   20:  534    84
   15: 1002   103
   10:  196    50
-------------------
Total: 2027   386  Total Score = 2,347,266

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

I usually like to sleep late on Friday mornings before contests.  This time I
was awakened by a text message that read the following:

" A twisting storm approching you home now."

I knew then that it was going to be a "different" weekend.

Luckily the tornado missed us by a few miles, but the commercial mains
went out about 7 hours before the start of the contest, and the TV people
said it could take up to 24 hours before it would be restored.

So I spent most of the day dragging out the generator and preparing for
a low power effort.

Then the only good news of the weekend happened about 3 hours before the
start...the power was BACK ON!

That was the extent of the highlights.  The bands sounded punky, and the high
static just killed the low bands.  (They may have already been dead.)

73,
Larry K4AB