[3830] ARRLDX SSB K4TOJ SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tojohnso@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K4TOJ SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 17:26:36 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K4TOJ
Operator(s): K4TOJ
Station: K4TOJ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Virginia
Operating Time (hrs): 11.5

  160:    0     0
   80:   16    15
   40:   49    27
   20:   82    46
   15:   76    39
   10:   36    17
-------------------
Total:  259   144  Total Score = 111,888

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I have to say that this was the best contest I've participated in.  I've never
been anywhere close to putting in over 100K points.  i realize that may not be
very high to many of the seasoned participants, but it was quite an
accomplishment for me.  It's also the longest I've been able to participate in
a contest and found it quite addictive going for the mults and breaking through
the pileups.  It was kinda like fishing going unassisted which makes it really
cool for me.

My equipment is still a TS-930SAT with and MFJ 998 autotuner (much faster than
the built in and can do 160 M if need be) with a G5RV at about 10 M.  I
definitely see the need to eventually upgrade to something that has dual
receivers (or two radios) and an interface with my laptop for logging and
control.  If I could only figure out which one and decide to part with some
cash.  As for antennas, I also realize I could probably do better, but I'm
hesitant on throwing up a tower for some beams with the cost involved.

One last thing....it's REALLY nice being an Extra and being able to work all
the frequencies!

73!
Tom - K4TOJ