[3830] ARRLDX SSB KK4CIS(KK4CISS) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, arspies73@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB KK4CIS(KK4CISS) SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 18:05:01 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KK4CIS
Operator(s): KK4CISS
Station: KK4CIS

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Miami, Florida
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:   15    10
   20:   29    22
   15:   46    30
   10:   30    16
-------------------
Total:  120    78  Total Score = 20,080

Club:

Comments:

My first ARRL DX SSB Contest.  100watts, FT897D, Heil headset, N1MM logger, 1/2
wavelength dipoles on 10, 15, 20 and 40m

The General Class portion of the 40m band was very tough at the start of the
contest.  Glad I called it an evening and started at daylight on 10m.   Never
went back to 40m for the rest of the contest.

Pileups at times on 20m were too hard to break; luckily a lot of activity on 10
and 15m, particularly from the Caribbean.  Early Sunday morning propagation was
good on 20m, lots of DX callers and few North Am stations answering, so was a
lot of fun to work through the band with no pileups.  Surprisingly, did not log
a single German station in this contest . . . . go figure.

I want to thank all stations that took the time to return my call, and in
particular the following stations for being incredibly pleasant and/or patient:
 TM2K, VP2EC, IU9A, F4FQz and YW5W.

I probably missed a few Qs by listening to a frequency battle between a
Caribbean station and an Eastern European station; I didn't stick around to see
who won, but was definitely a heated exchange.

Finally, another Miami station whose call sign is one letter off from my call
and I were in the same pileup.  I thought I broke through the pile until the DX
came back with all but my last letter and then acknowledged the "Foxtrot Lima"
for Florida.  What an interesting coincidence.

73
KK4CIS