[3830] ARRLDX SSB KT4Q SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kt4q@usa2net.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB KT4Q SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 07:12:39 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KT4Q
Operator(s): KT4Q
Station: KT4Q

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Florida
Operating Time (hrs): 32.5

  160:    6     5
   80:   63    40
   40:  136    69
   20:  278    90
   15:  622    92
   10:  189    44
-------------------
Total: 1294   340  Total Score = 1,319,880

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

This is always a great contest to participate in regardless of the solar cycle
or other elements that improve or effect you.  Conditions seemed more difficult
than last year with a little less propagation and more noise.  I had challenges
running any band except 15M so mostly S&P this year.

We had a storm come through Sunday AM early and I was off radio but it loosened
my tribander on the mast.  With the winds most of Sunday, it proved to be a
challenge to keep it pointed in the direction you want it to be.  No so funny
when you have a great run going and stations beging to fall off in the queue
and someone tries to take your frequency, only to find the antenna pointing
south for an original 30 degree heading.  Multiple times on Sunday I had to
stop operating and go out to loosen the my rotar (ground level on rotating
tower) and reposition antenna.  My coax up the side of the tower looked like I
was was feeding a candy cane as it twisted all the way up.  Well this gives me
somethig to do when not operating.

Rig:  Yaesu FT-1000MP MV
Amp:  Ameritron AL-572
Ants: Cushcraft X7 Tri at 60', Carolina Windom 80 at 35', Carolina Windom 160
at 45' (avg)
Log:  Writelog v11.01A