[3830] ARRLDX SSB N1PGA SOSB/15 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB N1PGA SOSB/15 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 07:53:29 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N1PGA
Operator(s): N1PGA
Station: N1PGA

Class: SOSB/15 LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): ~12:30

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  509    85
   10:
-------------------
Total:  509    85  Total Score = 129,795

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

All my other antennas except the 15m quad had been damaged earlier this season
after several storms and I was not intending to contest at all this year. On
Friday night I thought I would reconnect a radios and at least listen in for a
while.

I used just my 2-ele Quad which is fixed on EU for probably 90% of all
contacts. It's suspended under tree branches at 35'.

I also used a F-12 C3S at 35' fixed South, also suspended under a tree branch.
I quickly was told it caused RFI all over the house, which limited it's use.
But I found that the EU quad worked FB into SA as well as some Zone 31, 32, and
I'm not sure why that is. Something else to look into when I'm in rebuilding
mode this summer.

Single band is very interesting to have done, so in a way I'm glad things
worked out this way.