[3830] ARRLDX SSB PJ2T M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB PJ2T M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 12:43:14 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: PJ2T
Operator(s): K6AM,W0CG
Station: PJ2T

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Curacao
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  317    52
   80:  596    58
   40: 1295    59
   20: 1661    61
   15: 2350    60
   10: 2582    58
-------------------
Total: 8801   348  Total Score = 9,178,848

Club: CCC

Comments:

This year conditions were a bit below last year when I was here as a SO.  10
opened a bit later and 160 was way down the first night.

The great participation on 10 by all the freshly minted contesters made up for
it on 10 and 160 came alive the second night with lots of very loud signals.

The rest of the bands were jumpin' as always and provided some very hot rates.

Geoff, W0CG agreed to join me as relief op.  This thankfully gave me about 4
hours of sleep a night and 30 min breakfast, lunch and dinner breaks.  Thanks
Geoff!

A big thanks to all you rare mults who made the moves and skeds.  We missed a
few on 160 but I know you were in there trying.

There's nothing better than operating single transmitter in the ARRL from the
Caribbean.  The signals are loud. The pileups are deep and bottomless.  The
rates are only limited by how fast you can talk and pull guys out.

I came here directly from a similar experience at ZF2AM 2 weeks earlier and was
ready for more.  I was not disappointed.  The first hour on 10 meters was the
best of my life with a 351 rate.

Finally an apology.  While running on 15, I had the second radio on a little
used frequency high on 10 meters as a spot to move mults as they called in.  I
inadvertently left the VOX turned on and our 15 meter run went out on 10 for a
short while until I discovered the problem.  This was certainly not intentional
and not a single extra QSO came of it as I was listening only on 15.  To anyone
who happened by and wondered why we did not hear you, I am sorry for the
aggravation it must have caused and agree completely with anyone who recognized
that I was a big lid.

CU all in the WPX from W6YI

73,

John, K6AM