[3830] ARRLDX SSB TI8M M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, 2012arrlti8m@w4bw.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB TI8M M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 13:51:17 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: TI8M
Operator(s): TI2JCY TI2KAC TI4ZM K4UN W4BW W4KTR W4XO
Station: TI8M

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Costa Rica
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  122    40
   80:  681    55
   40: 1226    57
   20: 2482    60
   15: 1849    59
   10: 1266    53
-------------------
Total: 7626   324  Total Score = 7,412,472

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

We always enjoy convening our group of Costa Rican and American friends to
operate multi-op contests and this yearâ??s ARRL Phone event was no exception.
We have a great time getting together with friends to catch up on news, tales,
and to enjoy Costa Rican food and beverage, plus being able to operate the
contest.

This year we experienced very high winds that exceeded 40 mph for several days
before and during the contest.  A location nearby clocked winds in excess of 80
km/hr.  Our temporary low band wire antennas suffered somewhat, with one antenna
requiring re-installation twice after winds separated the support lines.

Band conditions were certainly improved this year, though not as much as was
hoped.  We were also plagued by intermittent local 59+10 dB noise that would
wipe out RX on all bands for 3-15 minutes, then just vanish. All three ops
would suddenly find themselves hearing nothing but noise.

Congrats again to the TI5N crew for operating what we could hear was a very
high rate effort.  We all too often heard them running stations that we heard
not a peep of at our location.  Great job guys â?" I know youâ??ll place high.

Thanks to all for the Qâ??s!

Bob Wilson â?" W4BW