[3830] ARRLDX SSB LP1H(@LU5HM) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lu5dx@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB LP1H(@LU5HM) M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 17:31:31 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: LP1H
Operator(s): LU5HM LU2NI LU3HY LW4HR LW5HR LU5DX
Station: LU5HM

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Cordoba
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:
   80:  135    42
   40:  775    58
   20: 2176    61
   15: 2578    60
   10: 3436    59
-------------------
Total: 9100   280  Total Score = 7,644,000

Club: LU Contest Group

Comments:

Thanks to Ramon LU5HM, Ramuco LU7HE and Monica LU8HFO for hosting this new MM
effort.

First day was okay. We had 6000 Qs in the log at halfmark. 40 and 80 were
really slow the second night. QRN was fine but activity was low.

First time in ages without lightning strikes in the nearby.

The contest started fine but without rates being as high as last year specially
on 20 m with only 219 Qs compared to 303 during 2011.

Only 575 Qs logged on 15 m the second day!! And around 1000 on 10.

Hopefully it will get a bit better for WPX SSB in a few weeks.

LU2NI our team leader had to left Cordoba at 12 UTC on Saturday. So we lacked a
key op for the rest of the contest.

We managed to fulfill the operating positions without much problem, since only
two bands (tops) were open at the same time. At times only one, specially on
Sunday!

Well, that's about it.

Thanks everyone who gave us a call. It was a real pleasure to operate and
contact State side friends!

Hope to see you all during next WPX SSB.

The ops at LP1H

LU5HM, LU2NI, LU3HY, LW4HR, LW5HR, LU5DX

www.lp1h.blogspot.com for pics and stuff.