[3830] ARRLDX SSB KL7RA(AL7IF) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, al7if@borealconsulting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB KL7RA(AL7IF) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 23:03:07 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): AL7IF
Station: KL7RA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Alaska
Operating Time (hrs): 44
Radios: SO2R

  160:   40    13
   80:   92    26
   40:  200    37
   20:  882    52
   15:  810    52
   10:  318    28
-------------------
Total: 2342   208  Total Score = 1,456,416

Club:

Comments:

First, thanks to Rich for the use of the station for the contest. Weather
conditions made it impossible to get a vehicle to KL7RA World headquarters, so
I operated SOAB instead of multi-something with the other team members.

The band conditions were terrible... and at the same time, a tease. W6 was 40
over on 10, but we couldn't work WA, BC, AB, SK or MB. Nothing was heard from
VE2 and the Maritimes (except I heard VY2 on 160!).

Thank you everyone for the Qs. I only worked a few stations on 6 bands... but
it wasn't for a lack of trying. To all the Europeans and other DX, I'll work
you in WPX... promise!

Wigi, AL7IF