[3830] Rus DX PS2T M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, py2zea@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] Rus DX PS2T M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 06:15:40 -0700
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: PS2T
Operator(s): PY2DJ PY2KC PY2ZEA(OH2MM) PU2RSD
Station: PS2T

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Araraquara
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    0       0       0         0
   80:   14       1      14         3
   40:  129     152      66        38
   20:  140     390      85        50
   15:  187     740      89        50
   10:   39     787      51         4
Total:  510    2070     305       145  Total Score = 6,427,800

Club: Araucaria DX Group

Comments:

Once again, we had the pleasure to activate PS2T, (TNX Atilano, PP5EG !).

Usually the number of QSOs on SSB vs CW are expected to be about equal. We
tested now a different strategy. We worked the bulk on SSB and picked up
multipliers both on CW (and SSB) with the 2nd station. Especially on 10, there
were hundreds of USA stations on SSB giving 001 or another low number. These
non-contest guys would not show up on CW. This helped us to raise the number of
QSOs since SSB is faster than CW. The pileup continued so well on SSB that there
was rarely need to switch to CW.

The propagation to USSR was very poor, on high bands, on ten we got just 4
oblasts. 160 was NIL and 80 very noisy.

Last year, PS2T made 5.9 millions, we now claim half a million more with a lot
more QSOs but much less oblasts. The low number of oblasts may be due to our
low number of CW QSOs. However, it is the final result that counts.

RUN  station: Yaesu FT-2000 + linear
MULT station> Elecrat K3 + linear

Ant:
160 Inv-V apex at 35 m
 80 Inv-V apex at 35 m
 40 3-el monobander (SteppIR)at 40 m
 20 5-el monobander at 25 m
 15 6-el and 5-el two monobanders at 20 and 30 m
 10 7-el and 5-el monobanders at 25 and 15 m
200 m beverages to USA and Europe.

73, tnx for QSOs,

the PS2T team