[3830] Rus DX N2PP SOSB/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Rus DX N2PP SOSB/15 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 19:22:37 -0700
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: N2PP
Operator(s): N2PP
Station: N2PP

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: nr Syracuse, NY
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:    1     10        8        3
   15:  149     51       45        5
   10:
Total:  150     61       53        8  Total Score = 50,203

Club:

Comments:

Based on time constraints this past weekend and my memory of the 2011 CQ WW 15
meter propagation, I decided to try the 15 meter single band (SSB/CW) category.
I was also hoping to work a few more new Russian oblasts.

Basically 15 meter propagation to Europe and Asia was non-existent from my QTH
in northern NY.  Only a few high power stations were even heard and worked.
Very few Russian stations were even heard. Both the Europe and Asia paths were
skewed to the south by almost 90 degrees (the beam heading for Europe was 130
degrees vs. the normal 45 degrees) and signal strengths attenuated
significantly. Even the usually potent SA signals were only there for a short
time.  Consequently, there are a lot of 2 pt domestic QSOs in the log.

I did jump to 20 meters for a short time (11 QSOs) but conditions there were
not much better.  Hope conditions improve for the WPX.

Station:  K3, QRO HF-2500 Amp, and Bencher 20-15-10 yagi @ 80 ft.