[3830] WPX SSB KB0EO SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, KB0EO@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KB0EO SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 17:46:53 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KB0EO
Operator(s): KB0EO
Station: KB0EO

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Minnesota
Operating Time (hrs): 25:47

------------
  160:    3
   80:    7
   40:  329
   20:  427
   15:  431
   10:  185
------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

I fell considerably short of my goals for the contest: 2000 QSOs and 3 million
points. It was hard to build any consistent runs - most of the time was spent
rolling the dial looking for new WPX - I found I would wait up to 2 minutes for
the other operator to fumble through the numbers or not ID for several QSOs -
frustrating. I had one good run Saturday night on 40 meters and one good run on
20 meters and 15 meters on Sunday.

The conditions were moderate - EU was coming in fairly well on 40, 20, and 15.
Sunday morning 40 meters was pounding in - VK, ZL, JA, and YB were all coming
in S9+ - unfortunately, there just weren't enough of them.

This is probably my favorite contest format - everyone works everyone.
Hopefully the schedule will clear to be able to take a run at the CQ WPX CW
contest in May.

73,

Dan - KB0EO