[3830] WPX SSB KK7PR(@K7ZS) SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KK7PR(@K7ZS) SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 18:27:03 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KK7PR
Operator(s): K7ZS,KE7AUB,KI7Y,N7BEF
Station: K7ZS

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 42

------------
  160:    0
   80:   21
   40:  449
   20:  805
   15:  787
   10:   75
------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

This was a fun one!

Smaller crew than usual, but very competent gang, and our club concept of
allowing people to experience contesting in a non-pressure environment appears
to be paying off!  Everyone was intent on running a clean show, making sure for
a high quality log, and having fun!

Conditions were not fantastic, so sad to see 10m not performing the way it was
only 6 months ago.  But, in this contest you go where the rate is, and that was
15 and 20 meters, with 40 meters paying handsome dividends with high point
contacts into Asia.

A 'CLEAN RUN', not a single glitch of hardware or software, and some very nice
reports on our signal from faraway lands.

Thanks Andy KE7AUB, the Machine, Jim KI7Y for his willingness to take the night
shift, and Steve N7BEF for doing a great job of attracting the 'Sunday Drivers'
that like to hand out contacts, but don't like intimidation. Steve is very
pleasant and efficient in the chair.

Through it all, a personal best for my station, a decade in the making, with
just ONE MULT needed to push our raw score to 4 million, but we'll take it!

73 and thanks to all who worked us, and to the PDXRCC gang.

-Kevin K7ZS