[3830] WPX SSB VE7XF SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB VE7XF SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 21:52:36 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: VE7XF
Operator(s): VE7XF
Station: VE7XF

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: near Vancouver
Operating Time (hrs): 30

------------
  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:    7
   20:  449
   15:  398
   10:   57
------------
Total:  911  Prefixes = 579  Total Score = 1,409,865

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Another casual operation.
Mostly S&P - I DO like hunting for mults (tnx to N1MM for making them easy to
find), and I need my breaks! I'll give the CW section much more attention.

Sunday certainly not as good as Saturday - 20m was open to EU for a long time.
More mults on 20 than 15 (284 vs 262). Little activity on 10, and no EU at
all.

The power company ganged up with the neighbours to provide various noises
throughout the contest. Maybe in my next life I'll live in the country.
With so many of us living in increasingly noisy urban areas, I think it's time
to re-introduce a 10/15/20 combo, where noise is a little less onerous.

Signal quality seems to be getting worse - many were hardly readable.
The good ones do stand out, don't they?
I can't imagine what condx are in store for us in May.

Ralph, VE7XF