[3830] WPX SSB KW7XX SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KW7XX SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 03:23:10 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KW7XX
Operator(s): KW7XX
Station: KW7XX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Custer, WA
Operating Time (hrs): 35.75

------------
  160:    0
   80:  163
   40:  552
   20:  585
   15:  896
   10:   21
------------

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Now that was fun!!

Congratulations to Mitch KW7Y (K7RL) for another terrific score. He's an
ANIMAL!

This was my first serious attempt as a single operator. I have worked a
handfull of events at W7IV's contest station as part of a Multi-2, as well as
a few Multi-Single events. But, have never had this much BIC before. All in all
I'm pretty happy with my first ever contest from my QTH.

I think I managed my time pretty well. The only miscue was getting to 40m a bit
too late Saturday evening and missing a part of the great EU opening we had here
in the PNW.

10M was destroyed for us up here so I spent a total of about 30 minutes there
Saturday only gave it a quick look on Sunday. Judging from some of the early
score postings it looks like the only USA stations that had any success there
were quite a bit south of me.

20M was a total blood bath to EU on both Saturday and Sunday. I did all S&P
with the exeption of a few small runs across the states.

15M was the money band for me. I started there Friday at 0001z and had a great
run of Asia and Oceana. The JA's were endless!! Saturday morning was good into
EU. I even was able to run them for an hour or so. Then went to S&P, Strangely
the JA's were not there Saturday evening though. I did work bunch of SA and US
stations though.

40M was a pleasant surprise. The noise floor was low and there were a fair
amount of EU stations to S&P. When that faded I was able to work quite a few SA
guys as well as lots of NA This band has been a tough one for me with only 2
elements at 55ft from the Steppir DB-18.

80M was pretty dead with contest activity. I spent some time there but there
just wasn't too much to choose from.

Thanks to all the stations that worke me. Special thanks to the guys who hung
with me thru some difficult exchanges. Also thanks to the Sunday drivers who
show up to hand out Q's. They make a real difference at the end.

Equipment:

Yaesu FTdx-5000d
Alpha 87A
Steppir DB-18 @55ft (40m-10m)