[3830] WPX SSB DR2Q(DL8MBS) SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB DR2Q(DL8MBS) SOAB QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 08:00:31 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: DR2Q
Operator(s): DL8MBS
Station: DL8MBS

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Erfurt
Operating Time (hrs): 22

------------
  160:    0
   80:  116
   40:  160
   20:  140
   15:   68
   10:   21
------------

Club:

Comments:

Planned only as short but forced SSB-education for a CW-contester. During
mixed-mode contests I always find zillion excuses why NOW is NOT the right
moment to qsy to fone. That resulted in ridiculous 15 SSB-contacts in RDXC - so
the punishment was to exploit the real limitations of my tiny setup in a
phone-only contest. What was planned as regular laid back periods got somewhat
out of hand... May experienced ham-psychiatrists explain why I went still
another hour of more defeats than successes. Knew that craziness is a
prerequsite for qrp-contesting - but I didnÂ't realize beforhand how far it has
progressed.

Thanks to many many patient ops digging my signal out - to name HZ1TT and
ES2TI. THANK YOU!

A shame how much valuable spectrum is rendered useless by useless noise,
splatter and qrm due to the more and more brainless power race (and I donÂ't
have an additional usable kHz by the tech-gurus claim that it were soooo easy
to make a 10kW-amp sound cleaner than an overdriven 1k-amp - we contest in
reality not in a lab).

I demand heavy penalities for all ops denying a qso with "qso b4" - Guys, I am
not DR2K whom you have worked before. Happened regularly, grrrrrrrrrrrrr

The list of the not toooo competetive equipment: IC-718 reduced to 5 W. Ant:
40m doublet / 20m sloping wire

How I long now for the (CW-)music...