[3830] WPX SSB OH1F(OH1NOA) SO(A)SB15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB OH1F(OH1NOA) SO(A)SB15 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 10:26:28 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: OH1F
Operator(s): OH1NOA
Station: OH1AF

Class: SO(A)SB15 HP
QTH: Pori
Operating Time (hrs): 34

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 1788
   10:
------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

FT-1000D + Alpha 91b
4/4el yagis + 4el yagi

Original plan was to work serious SOAB, but had to cancel this because I had
work commitments on Friday and Monday. At OH1F currently 15 meters is in the
best shape so this band was my choice. For the first time ever I took part in
assisted class in the major contest.

Progation was good, but far from the excellent. In 2000 the best OH single
bander worked over 2500 qsos on 15 meters! Anyway huge improvement from Russian
DX Contest last weekend. This year I never got any big JA runs, some decent
pileups to USA. Unfortunately brothers in Southern and Central Europe run them
much longer.

My operating strategy was quite simple: stay all day in the same frequency (Sat
around 21385 and Sun 21360), pick up the multipliers with second VFO. It worked!
I didn't get much skip to Central Europe, so couldn't hear all spotted mults.