[3830] WPX SSB AB3IC SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, gl1800winger@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB AB3IC SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 14:43:27 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: AB3IC
Operator(s): AB3IC
Station: AB3IC

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: Maryland
Operating Time (hrs): 16

------------
  160:    0
   80:   35
   40:   43
   20:  102
   15:   48
   10:    8
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

While on a break, my ZYL came up with a briliant observation.  "You know," she
told me, "if you spent more time operating your score would be higher."  She
had stumbled on the BIC secret.  I operated this contest for 16 hours.  So I
plugged some numbers into a spreadsheet and figured (all else being equal), had
I increased my operating time (and upped the number of Q's, Points, and
Prefixes) my results would been as follows: 20 hours gives me a final score
around 237K, 24 hours gives me a final score around 341K, 28 hours gives me a
final score around 464K, and 32 hours gives me a final score over 600K.

Guess she really wants me to use that nice new chair she bought as a Christmas
present for my shack.

Anyways - here's the shack...

Rig: Kenwood TS-2000 (Icom IC-7200 as a back-up)
Antennas: GAP Challenger DX (40-10 Meters), 80 Meter Dipole
Logger: WriteLog V 11.02b

I don't know if anyone else noticed, but it seemed like every time I gave a "3"
in my report (or my call) - it was heard as a "2"...  I'm used to people getting
the "Charlie" in my call as something else (usually "Tango"), but this was
something new to me.