[3830] JIDX CW NH2T(N2NL) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] JIDX CW NH2T(N2NL) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 15:02:56 -0700
                    JIDX CW Contest

Call: NH2T
Operator(s): N2NL
Station: N2NL

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Guam
Operating Time (hrs): 25
Radios: SO2R

  160:   62    29
   80:  149    42
   40:  216    45
   20:  227    45
   15:  363    46
   10:  353    45
-------------------
Total: 1370   252  Total Score = 518,616

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

The JIDX CW is a real fun contest from here, since Guam is ideally located for
good propagation to Japan on all bands.  All SO and MO all-band record scores
are either from KH2 or KH0.  I'm not sure why I missed this contest last year,
however this was my first effort in the JIDX CW since 1998/99 when there were
still separate high/low band contests.

My plan was to move as many multipliers as possible, typical NAQP strategy.
Many thanks to all who moved for me!  I never worked or heard 29 (Fukui) or
JD1.  02 (Aomori) and 41 (Saga) were rare.  Great hearing the activity out of
NE Japan (03, 06, and 07) after last year's earthquake and tsunami.

Things got very slow on Sunday, and I called CQ for 20 minutes at one point
Sunday evening without an answer and no one new to work on the 2nd radio.  I
almost went to bed but several new mults called in during the last hour - glad
I stayed on till the end.

Score is a new SOAB record (as well as beating the multi-op record also).  It
will be interesting to hear Tack JE1CKA's story from 9M0L, and how his JIDX
experience was with big DX pileups on him with many callers.  On Sunday it was
demoralizing to hear his gigantic pileup on 10m, stations I had not worked,
while I was CQing away without an answer.  To add insult to injury - he had to
go split which moved his pileup on top of me!

Thanks to all my JA friends for the QSOs!
73, Dave KH2/N2NL