[3830] GaQP N4ZZ/M Rover Multi-OpCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ad4eb@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] GaQP N4ZZ/M Rover Multi-OpCW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 20:09:18 -0700
                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: N4ZZ/M
Operator(s): AD4EB, N4ZZ, KI4HVY
Station: N4ZZ/M

Class: Rover Multi-OpCW LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:
   80:      89
   40:    1430
   20:    1603
   15:
   10:
    6:
------------------------
Total:    3122      0  CW-Dig Mults = 52  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 324,688

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Many thanks to all those who worked us in the contest.  The pileups got a bit
crazy at times, but we worked e'm down as quickly as we could, often at 38 and
40 wpm.

Our goal this year was 3,000 contacts (2928 last year), we had 1,432 on
Saturday and hit the sack hoping conditions would improve on Sunday.  Well they
certainly did, and participation seemed up as well.  We did not make our last
county, WLKR. Traffic Sunday afternoon was terrible, and we hit one red light
after another.

We worked lots of DX, most notably again are Laci OM2VL and Dietmar DL3DXX.
Laci was often the first station we would work as we entered a new county,
right on cue.  Both of you had amazing signals, able to bust thru most of the
pileups with ease.  We were surprised to work Alan VK4AAR Sunday with our
little mobile antennas, probably LP.  Also worked Dmitry UA3AGW on 20 and 40m.

We worked the following stations the most: OM2VL (59), DL3DXX (58), N9CK (55),
W4NZ (52), K5LH (43), KI0I (42), K3ONW (37), and WA6KHK (37).  We appreciate
you guys following us around.

Special appreciation to our driver Melody, KI4HVY.  There are not too may YLs
out there that would hang out for an entire weekend, driving around a couple of
CW ops for 1200 miles.  Your the best, and a good safe driver as well.

Don had the fortune of operating the last 15 mins of the contest, which turned
into the biggest pileup of the contest. We have never operated from the
carribean, but it seemed like we were there, with 50+ stations calling at once.
 It was great fun.

Thanks to all the sponsors, and the GA gang for making this a wonderful
experience.  We look forward to doing it again next year.

73 - The N4ZZ/M Team
Melody -- KI4HVY <The Driver>
Don Binkley -- N4ZZ
Jim Hall -- AD4EB