[3830] GaQP W3DYA Rover Single OpCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w3dya@juno.com
Subject: [3830] GaQP W3DYA Rover Single OpCW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 09:19:01 -0700
                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: W3DYA
Operator(s): W3DYA
Station: W3DYA

Class: Rover Single OpCW LP
QTH: GEORGIA
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:       0      0
   80:       1      0
   40:     267      0
   20:     971      0
   15:      14      0
   10:       0      0
    6:       0      0
------------------------
Total:    1253      0  CW-Dig Mults = 47  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 117,782

Club:

Comments:

As always, a very good event in spite of not having a driver.  The great weather
was a big plus, and my "flying saucer" antenna seemed to perform nicely.

Some information which might be of interest... or not!
Band QSOs:  80 - 1; 40 - 267; 20 - 971; 15 - 14; 10M - 0

Highest call QSO count: DL3DXX 31, OM2VL 23, WA6KHK 21, KI0I 20, with 33
accounting for 10 or more QSOs each.
Lot of good DX with DL3GA and G3XVR at 17 each, PA3ARM at 15, YV5OIE at 14,
SP5SA at 12, and DL6KVA at 10, with a total of 189 DX contacts!  Of course,
I'll be mailing confirmations of DX contacts direct to those working on
USA-CA.

This is the first time I've tried to measure operating time vs driving time.
Approximate operating time was 9 hours, driving time was 8 hours, total 17
hours.  I did not operate the last three hours on Saturday night.  I did a
little S&P while driving in a couple of counties on the interstate, but except
for a few GA contacts, it wasn't very productive.  Of course, times are
approximate as I only log QSO time every five minutes so it's a little sloppy
at the end of each county.

It's hard to justify driving 1200 miles round trip to participate in GA QP, but
I use the excuse that I'm visiting my daughter and family in Pensacola.  This
time they arranged the arrival of a great-grandson in time for my visit.

73, Norm, W3DYA