[3830] OnQP VA3KAI/R Mobile Solo Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va3kai@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] OnQP VA3KAI/R Mobile Solo Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 12:19:46 -0700
                    Ontario QSO Party

Call: VA3KAI/R
Operator(s): VA3KAI
Station: VA3KAI

Class: Mobile Solo Op LP
QTH: BFD/BRA/NFK
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:
   80:   20     97
   40:   45    160
   20:
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
---------------------------
Total:   65    257    175  Total Score = 91,725

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Total number of QSOs: 322   Total number of counties: 3
Totals of 519 points x 175 multipliers = 90825 overall score
Earned 300 bonus points for 3 counties = 900 overall bonus points
Final adjusted score is 91725 points (overall score + overall bonus)

COMMENTS: Worked as stationary Rover at 2 cty lines (BFD/BRA) & (NFK/BRA)
keying on one primary county in each location - BFD & NFK were my main
focus. Eqpt: TS2000 / Ant: Inv-80/40M trap dipole on 25' push-up pole /
Acc: HamGadgets MasterKeyer MK-1 / Logger: OQP software by VE3SYB.
Totally enjoyed first-time Rover experience - may do it again next year?

Murphy's Law: Primary G5RV broke at elevated feedpoint on erection - had to
go to Plan B with 80/40M trap-dipole so 2 bands only! Messed up Logger time
for Saturday contacts - manually corrected 199 QSOs at home prior to sending.
A borrowed marine battery was good for 1.5 hours only - had to use my own
deep-
cycle for everything (xmtr/keyer/logging PC/lights) so had to run booster
cables from van front-end into side door and re-charge periodically
- running van provided welcome heat; but, also some engine noise.  Brantford,
Lion's Park location (Saturday) drew some police and "civilian" interest
without any problems once explained. Strangely, no one cared about me being
beside a farmer's corn field, on an almost uninhabited secondary road, on
Sunday!

Many thanks to all for contacts and patience - 73 de VA3KAI/R