[3830] OnQP VA3RAC(@VE3ZF) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3zf@yahoo.ca
Subject: [3830] OnQP VA3RAC(@VE3ZF) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 20:34:41 -0700
                    Ontario QSO Party

Call: VA3RAC
Operator(s): VE3ZF, VA3ATT, VE3HZQ, VE3AJB, VE3WVA
Station: VE3ZF

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Twilight Island
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   20      8     21
   80:   43     51     52
   40:   82    210    103
   20:  196    210     91
   15:   54    139     69
   10:   24      0     10
    6:    0      0      0
    2:    0      3      1
---------------------------
Total:  419    621    347  Total Score = 526,052

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

VA3RAC team has returned from Manitoulin Island last night. It was amazing
DX-pedition with mucn fun and some challenges.

Manitoulin Island has opened its heart to us one more time. It took us nearly a
week to complete antenna installations and the contest operation flew by like
one minute.

Much credit is due to Jack VA3ATT who delivered 13 meter's tower and HyGain
TH7DX Yagi antenna from Toronto to Twilight Isle (600 km one way) on his truck.
Jack also did excellent job on antenna preparation and installation and with
help of HAM's from Manitoulin Amateur Radio Club Yagi antenna TH7DX was
installed very fast.

I have to say that it was VERY impressive view when antenna was erected from
the ground to the sky on the beach of Lake Huron and rotated for the first
time. Yagi's elements  were big enough to cover nearly HALF OF THE SKY on this
small island! It was a spectacular view!

At this time we operated in Multi-operator two-transmitters category...
Conditions were far from being perfect, and many European stations were coming
in with strong aurora reverberation. By the end of OnQP we had more than 1.000
QSO's in the LOG....

The weather was  quite unpredictable -  as sunny and calm times were abruptly
followed by  snow storm with wind gusting up to 70km/h.

Many thanks to all who helped with organizating VA3RAC DX pedition to Twilight
Isle this year: Max VE3CCN, Yuri VE3DZ, Boris VE3DQ, Al VE3AJB, Jerry VA3GWK,
Ken VE3KFC, Management of Wilcox Door Service (Mississauga, ON) , IT Manager of
Smiths Detection Kevin Lee, Igor VE3KAO, Stan VE3TW and Doug VE3MV.

73 and thanks to all who called us and supported our Ontario Activity Day!

Igor VE3ZF