[3830] FlQP N4CW SOABCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP N4CW SOABCW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 15:24:33 -0700
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: N4CW
Operator(s): N4CW
Station: N4CW

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: STJ
Operating Time (hrs): 12.5

   40:  227     0
   20:   84     0
   15:   42     0
   10:    0     0
--------------------
Total:  353     0  CW Mults = 53  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 37,418

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

First time operating FQP "from" Florida (St. Augustine, St. Johns County). Set
up
station in a hurry...CCR's in this subdivision so needed "stealth" antenna.
Picture this: a 40-meter dipole folded like the letter "Z" with the diagonal
across the widest/diagonal part of a two car garage, mounted on the ceiling
using
electric fence insulators! The center of the dipole was 6 inches from the
garage door opener (unplugged from AC mains during the contest!!!). Coax fed
with RG-8X to a tuner...very high SWR! But never mind that...it worked! I even
worked as far as HA and VE7 with it! Rig was a K3, barefoot. I forgot to bring
my parallel port keying adapter, so did all my CQ'ing with either the paddle or
K3 keying memory!
All exchanges were by hand.
I don't know if it was conditions or my setup, but copy was tough in the
afternoons. Wish I could have operated more on Sunday morning...
Great working old friends here and there! Maybe next year I'll do better. 73
and thanks for your patience if my signal wasn't loud and my apologies if I
couldn't hear you.