[3830] MiQP N1IW/8 Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1iw@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] MiQP N1IW/8 Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 05:12:42 -0700
                    Michigan QSO Party

Call: N1IW/8
Operator(s): N1IW
Station: N1IW/8

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MTMO
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   80:   64     47
   40:  117    116
   20:   38     29
   15:    4      4
   10:
--------------------
Total:  223    196  CW Mults = 62  Ph Mults = 76  Total Score = 88,596

Club:

Comments:

Another fun expedition to my cabin in Montmorency County combining radio and
morel mushroom hunting. Not a stellar performance this year; spent more time
trying to figure out the odd band conditions than I had planned. Qs and mults
were both down last year but the morel count was up. Compared to my past couple
of years operations, conditions on 20M in the first couple of hours were not
real great but 40M was surprisingly productive during the daylight hours.
Encountered an antenna issue late afternoon that took some time to resolve
given the limited resources at the cabin. 40M and 80M after dark did not
produce the rates I enjoyed in previous years even with my lower overall Q
count and thus being relatively fresh meat. Pretty much stuck to the SSB/CW
mode change recommendations and checking 15M and 10M for openings. Thanks to
the Mad River folks for hosting another great MQP and see you all next year.

Station: IC-7000, 80M OCFD up 30 feet