[3830] NewEngQP N6KI(@W6HCD) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N6KI73@GMAIL.COM
Subject: [3830] NewEngQP N6KI(@W6HCD) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 01:21:03 -0700
                    New England QSO Party

Call: N6KI
Operator(s): N6KI, KI6RRQ, W2PWS, N6EEG, K4RB
Station: W6HCD

Class: M/S HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 21.4

   80:               0
   40:      6        4
   20:     81       68
   15:     63       11
   10:      7        0
------------------------
Total:    157       83  Mults = 54  Total Score = 20,941

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

Another interesting effort as the San Diego Contest Club worked 4 Contests
simultaneously ( NEQP, 7QP, INQP and ARI) and dealt with the logging nightmare.
Not being a fan of N1MM which we heard was modified to handle at least 3 of the
contest at once but had sent us into Computer Hell several times with all sorts
of unresolvable crashes and not having an IT guy on call for 24 hours as one
almost seems to have to do with most Windows based logging programs ( Read -
C'mon Ham Radio Deluxe, get your Contest Logging program in the works,...
working as well as your General logging program so we computer Luddites can
spend our time contesting and not fighting COMPUTER related Problems !!!) 10
and 40 mtrs were very disappointed as with a 2 El 40 mtr Yagi at 78ft on top of
a 900 ft hill and 1.5 kW - we heard and called many New England stations but
could not break the pileups or even just had them call CQ in our face ! 10 mtrs
never really opened to New England for us and QRN on 80 mtrs just wiped out our
chance of hearing anyone on the east coast!  20 was the money band and Sunday
afternoon from 2000 - 2359Z yielded a whopping 18 Qs from New England. 40 mtr
band just began to open to New England for us on the Left Coast about 15
minutes before the end of the contest but the only 2 station who could hear us
were N1NK and WR1TC !!! We head K1KI/M many times but could not break the
pileups calling him as was situation with some of the other mobiles - The
propagation gods were not smiling upon us though we did VERY WELL in 7QP and
heard many close in stns in NV and AZ, who I thought we would just skip over -
go figure. SDCC also broke in a brand new contest Op, Rich KI6RRQ who
volunteered to do the O'Dark Thirty shifts both Saturday and Sunday morning and
although thoroughly intimidated by our equipment setup/complexity, managed very
well and pulled out 120 QSOs we would have lost as there was no one in the SDCC
available during both Saturday and Sunday early morning hours - Wayta go Rich !