[3830] NewEngQP W1END Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NewEngQP W1END Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 04:01:31 -0700
                    New England QSO Party

Call: W1END
Operator(s): W1END
Station: W1END

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ROC NH
Operating Time (hrs): ~8

   80:     13       0
   40:     83       0
   20:    126       0
   15:     22       0
   10:      0       0
------------------------
Total:    244       0  Mults = 58  Total Score = 26,488

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions were very good Saturday.  Had a great time in the 7qp, then about an
hour or so after the NEng qp started a guy named Murphy started doing
gymnastics in my antenna causing weird SWR events.  I have been trouble-free
for many years so I guess it was my turn to host him.  After much wailing and
gnashing of teeth I finally changed a matching section to the antenna early
Sunday morning.  Guess the old section was a bit waterlogged.  It happens.
Spent most of Sunday visiting the rig and puttering in the yard.  Finally had a
decent flair of activity on 40M about an hour before the end of the bash.  So
things turned out pretty well for me in the long run.  This is a great
activity; it's fun being "it" for a while.  Thanks to all the organizers and
score counters.  When I get my 7qp-INqp-NEngqp logs sorted out I'll send them
in.  Sometimes I think I spend more time bookkeeping than operating.
Eldon - W1END

BTW I have a candidate for a new Q-signal:
QSM =  I'm having a senior moment please allow for it.