[3830] WPX CW KC7V(@K8IA) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kc7vmike@q.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW KC7V(@K8IA) M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 18:46:46 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KC7V
Operator(s): K1YR K7JQ K8IA KC7V
Station: K8IA

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:    5
   80:   75
   40:  980
   20: 1514
   15: 1529
   10:  148
------------

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

We had some gremlins early, in the first hour that cost us about 20 minutes but
the remainder of the contest was close to painless, at least from the equipment
standpoint.

We had 4 ops during the day and 3 at night.  Both 80 & 160 were very noisy and
10 meters was hit and miss but as you can see from our score the other bands
carried the contest.

There were great EU runs and decent JA runs.  20m stayed open all 48 hours and
15 stayed open late and opened early.

We had hoped to equal or beat our 6.6 million from 2011.  We were amazed that
we reached just shy of 6 million at the end of the first day.  We've never had
this many mults in the past so it was really fun.

Not bad for a one tower (70 ft.) station.  Bob and Sandy (N7RQ) were excellent
hosts as usual and thankfully the Phoenix wx cooperated this weekend with temps
in the 80's.  It made the shack a little more comfortable.

Looking forward to seeing some very big scores.  Thanks for a great contest.

73
Mike
KC7V