[3830] WPX CW K7RF SO(A)AB(TS) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jwalsh@easystreet.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW K7RF SO(A)AB(TS) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 19:34:15 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: K7RF
Operator(s): K7RF
Station: K7RF

Class: SO(A)AB(TS) HP
QTH: Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 25

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  321
   20:  306
   15:  485
   10:   20
------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Wasnâ??t sure I was going to even participate this year.  Got home late Friday
and missed the first half hour.  But the band seemed good and I decided to
operate for a bit.  Missed some other prime op times Friday evening and Sunday
morning with  familial obligations and Saturday evening with lightning storm in
the area.   Overall, canâ??t remember better conditions in over  50 years.
However as I wasnâ??t QRV for much of that time canâ??t say what other sunspot
cycles may have been like.  But although 10 was not very good, 15/20/40  were
great.  Still spent 85% of time S&Pâ??ing but managed my longest run ever
lasting 2 ½ hours on 40 meters Sunday morning.   A special thanks to the many
Asia stations who called with very low numbers.  As the contest progressed
started wondering if I could reach 1,000 Qâ??s, then 1,000,000 points, then
1000 Qâ??s,  1.5 mil, and finally 2.0 mil.  Voila, by far my best score in this
contest.  Amazing what good propagation can do for a smaller station.  Thanks
everyone for a great contest.

Jon k7rf

P S     Canâ??t wait to see K2POâ??s low power score from Oregon!!